Cold weather usually means that more time is spent in your home, so making your home even more cozy + comfortable is a must! One way to do that is to fill your home with amazing smells. Here is a recipe that will make your home smell like a winter wonderland all day long! Just toss the ingredients into a pot, let them simmer on the stove and enjoy the distinctive smells of the holiday season.
(While it looks pretty enough to drink, resist the urge. This brew is for smelling, not sipping.)
- 4 apples
- 3 oranges
- 5 cups of water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp. cloves
- 2 pine sprigs
- 1 thick ginger slice
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 whole hazelnut
- 1 lemon, cut into thick slices
- 1 tbsp. peppermint extract
- a handful of fresh cranberries
- Cut apples + oranges into large chunks or thick slices
- Pour water in a pot. Add apple + orange pieces, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and optional add-ins as desired. Simmer on low throughout the day, adding water as needed. Do not leave simmering pot unattended.
- Keep the mixture about three days without refrigeration; toss it after that.
*Credit to The Magnolia Journal